Did You Know?
- Nearly 1 in 4 women in New Hampshire has been sexually assaulted. (*1)
- At least 1/3 of NH women have been the victim of a physical assault by an intimate partner. (*1)
- One in 20 NH men has been sexually assaulted, and nearly 70% of those assaults happened before their 18th birthday. (*2)
- More than 1/2 of all women in our state have experience sexual and or physical violence. (*1)
- Nearly 1 in 10 high school students report having been hit, slapped or pushed by a partner. (*3)
- No one deserves to be abused, and the abuse is never the victim’s fault.
- Committing domestic and sexual violence is a choice that perpetrators make. There is no excuse for abuse.
- There is a network of crisis centers across New Hampshire and advocates are standing by 24/7 to support survivors of domestic and sexual violence and stalking.
Learn more about Sexual Assault and how to help a friend
Learn more about these issues at NOMORE.org
- Violence Against Women in New Hampshire Report, 2007
- Violence Against Men in New Hampshire Report, 2009
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011
NO MORE encourages you to support partner groups working to end domestic violence and sexual assault.